The Digital Project
This assignment asks you take any of your previous written assignments in this course and create a digital remix of that assignment. This digital remix should not attempt to create a multimodal version of your entire paper. Instead imagine the digital remix as highlighting one aspect of your paper. The format of this digital remix is up to you, but you must approve your plan with me first. If the digital remix is not static, it should be no longer than 3 minutes. The list below offers some suggestions, but the list is not comprehensive:
· Create an a commercial or an ad campaign for the product in A1 (static or video)
· Create a trailer that previews your paper
· Create a public service announcement based on your topic for a specific audience
The Digital Media Suite located in Ekstrom library offers tutoring and assistance in creating digital products. You can visit their site for more information at http://louisville.edu/digitalmediasuite/. There are also many programs and tutorials available for free online. I strongly encourage you to start early.
The Written Project
In conjunction with the digital version, this paper asks that you submit an explanation and justification of the choices you made in your digital remix. In this paper you should consider the following questions as well as any information you deem relevant:
· What is the purpose or aim of the digital project? Explain the relevance of specific elements of the project or choices that you made.
· How is the digital project related the original print project?
· Why is the format or genre you chose most appropriate for the digital remix’s goal?
· In what ways did you engage the explicit and implicit rules around copyright and use in making this digital remix?
· In what ways are traditional writing and digital composing becoming inter-related as multimodal remixing becomes more common? What do you believe the role of multimodal projects is in the university and in the business world?
During the last days of class, you will present your digital remix project to the class. These presentations will be fairly informal but I ask that you come prepared to show your digital product and discuss your aims and experience with the project.
Requirements and Evaluation Criteria:
As usual, the assignment will be held to the requirements on this sheet plus relevant stylistic and composing characteristics discussed during this unit.
Your digital project should
· Demonstrate concerted effort to create a finished and smooth piece
· Be no longer than 3 minutes and not less than 1 minute, if a video or an audio recording
· Have material for at least 3 different audiences or perspectives, if static
o Ex: 3 different print ads for one product that target 3 specific target audiences
o Ex: 3 different sets of memes about the same topic
· Remix an idea from a previous paper
Your justification paper should
· Be about 5 double spaced pages in Times New Roman font, 12 pt.
· Fully address all questions above